The office of the City Treasurer is mandated under RA 7160 to:
- Advice the Mayor, the Sangguniang Panlungsod, and other local government and national officials concerned regarding disposition of local government funds, and on such other matters relative to public finance.
- Take custody of and exercise proper management of the funds of the local government unit concerned.
- Take charge of the disbursement of all local government funds and such other funds the custody of which may be entrusted to him by law or other competent authority.
- Inspect private commercial and industrial establishments within the jurisdiction of the local government unit concerned in relation to the implementation of tax ordinances, pursuant to the provisions under Book II of this Code.
- Maintain and update the tax information system of the local government unit.