The local government continues to extend its assistance to Jolo blast victims as well as victims of the Talon-talon mosque grenade attack, the City Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office (CDRRMO) reported Monday, February 4.
According to Dr. Elmeir Apolinario, the CDRRMO has been directed by Mayor Beng Climaco to provide continued assistance where necessary and per request of security forces for transporting victims from the Jolo blast.
“We are under instructions from the Mayor to act on any request by the PNP or the AFP, maskin cosa hora, so diamon deployment 24/7 for the assistance provided to the Jolo victims,” Apolinario said, noting that the CDRRMO, per record, has transported more than 10 individuals.
Apolinario revealed that the office will also be visiting Jolo to deliver the assistance of the city to the municipal government.
Meanwhile, the CDRRMO seeks to strengthen barangays and their networks through information and data sharing
Apolinario said the CDRRMO will soon visit barangays to collect data and share updates as part of measures to strengthen barangay networks.
This, following the expanded City Peace and Order (CPOC) and CDRRMC meeting last week, where barangays along with their respective heads of peace and order, BDRRMC, and barangay information networks met for updates.
“Ya tiene lista akel maga cosa cosa debe hace para man inform kita con el barangay officials, their BINS, their DRRMO, and peace and order council members para man ayudahan,” Apolinario said.
The information and data from barangays will also be used to identify needs and to develop appropriate training and workshop for the barangays. (Jasmine Mohammadsali)