We, the officials and employees of the Office of the City Assessor of Zamboanga, pledge to provide the basic services to our transacting public concerning appraisal and assessment of real property, to include lands, buildings, machineries, equipments and other structures. This will involve the identification, registration, mapping and valuation of real properties within the territorial jurisdiction of the City of Zamboanga.
Thus, We . . .
- Will prepare, install and maintain a system of tax mapping, showing graphically all properties within the ninety eight (98) barangays of the City and gather all necessary data concerning the same periodically;
- Shall conduct ocular inspection when necessary and appraise all real properties in accordance with the approved ordinance for Schedule of Fair market Values applicable without compromising the principles of justness, fairness and reasonableness in assessment within one (1) day from receipt of request;
- Commit to prepare the corresponding Field Appraisal and Assessment Sheet (FAAS) forms and issues the tax declaration involving transfer of ownership, subdivision of lands and consolidation of lots within three (3) hours;
- Will promptly issue all request for certifications pertaining to assessment records of real property in one (1) hour;
- Will courteously attend to all our walk-in clientele;
- Will promptly act on all written and verbal requests;
- Shall conduct regular dialogues and consultation with client-agencies involving
Issues and concerns related to Real Property Tax Administration;
- Will provide technical assistance to all client-agencies when required of us;
- Will provide resource speakers services as the need arises;
- Shall comply withal directives of the Bureau of Local Government Finance, such as Local Assessment Regulations, ordinances and Resolutions of the Sangguniang Panlungsod of the City, and memoranda, instructions and legal orders from higher authorities;
- Shall act on all claims of our creditors within (15) days from receipt of the statement of accounts; And
- Shall restrain ourselves from tolerating graft and corrupt practices in the workplace by strengthening employee morale, and establishing measures and standards to ensure transparency and openness involving clientele interest.
WE shall always be constantly reminded that; “A Public Office is a Public Trust”.