The Sports Development Division under the Office of the City Mayor delivers a genuine sports development program to athletes of Zamboanga City. The services provided to the athletes can be divided into five areas:
1. To provide an avenue for athletes to actively participate in their respective sport through organized local sports competitions and in partnership with national and international competitions;
2. To provide equipment, financial assistance and other necessary support in the implementation of the city’s sports development programs;
3. To provide recognition to athletes who have excelled in their respective sport in the regional, national and international sports competitions; and
4. To establish a sports development program with strong and shaped policies and guidelines with equitable opportunities for all stakeholders.
5. To implement Executive Order 63 that promotes “Sports for All” program that focuses on the different barangays in the city.