HomeNewsTFZ declares Zambo out of imminent threat

TFZ declares Zambo out of imminent threat

  • PDF
  • Print
  • E-mail

Task Force Zamboanga (TFZ) commander Col. Leonel Nicolas reported yesterday that Zamboanga City, which is now in the thick of festivities, as of now has no imminent danger or threat to security.

“Ikinagagalak kong ireport sa inyo na tayo ay walang imminent danger or threat dito sa Zamboanga City,” (I am happy to report to you that we do not have imminent danger or threat here in Zamboanga City) Col. Nicolas declared at the press briefing in City Hall.

Notwithstanding, he said the security sector, composed of police and military including the coast guard, continues to conduct its activities, foremost of which are the 24/7 patrols, both in-land and in the sea.

“We are on the second day of our Zamboanga Hermosa Festival and we beef up our security measures. Tayo as patuloy na nag-mamanman at nagbabantay,” he said.

Nicolas particularly stressed that they are also continuously monitoring and coordinating with their counterparts in the island provinces of Basilan, Sulu and Tawi-Tawi for any information of threats coming from those provinces.

He said the reason for his “no imminent threat” declaration was based on reports from the island provinces that they have not monitored so far any movements or imminent threats from lawless groups coming to this city.

But, he said the threat is (still) there but not imminent “so just the same, we do not let our guards down, our routine activities are being conducted continuously and our security measures remain as planned.”

He further said contingency measures are placed and being readied for the Fiesta Pilar on Oct. 12 when thousands of devotees are expected to flock at the shrine of Our Lady of the Pillar.

“We treat equally all activities for the Hermosa Festival, whether minor or major,” the TFZ commander said.-(Vic Larato)